Keysight Technologies launches test solutions for EV charging, grid-edge applications
- Keysight Technologies launched SL1200A Series Scienlab Regenerative 3-Phase AC Emulator.
- Test needs up to 1,200 voltage alternating current (VAC), from 30 kVA to 630 kVA, without the need for a transformer.
- The Emulator will enhance the existing solution for testing EV and EVSE charging standards and interoperability.
- Key features include high-power, 3-phase AC and DC power source integrated with EV/EVSE charging and inverter test solutions for a complete test of devices.
- DC output (Option SDC) enables a high-power DC charging test, up to 1,000 V DC and 120 kW; eliminating the need and expense for extra equipment.
- The company claims that it is a 100% regenerative (bidirectional) power solution with more than 85% efficiency to reduce the cost of tests with highly integrated capabilities.
- The 1,200 VAC allows for high voltage ride through (HVRT) testing without the need for a large, complex test setup.
EV testing solution